In Safe Hands
My Brother’s Keeper is a 30 bed emergency shelter for men 18 and older. “In Safe Hands” is open 365 days a year, from 5:30pm – 7:00am.
•Nightly Storage (shelter guest only)
- Job Interviews
- Doctor’s Appointments
- 1st 2 weeks on the job
- ID and Birth Certificate
- Housing Choice Voucher
- Rapid Re-Housing
•ServSafe State License Kitchen
•Job Readiness/Employability Training
•Clean bed to Rest
MBK welcomes veteran referrals. A sad reality is that many of our veterans, who have proudly served our country, have found themselves homeless and in need of assistance. To help alleviate this issue we have set up the Veteran Emergency Housing and Theraputic Services (VETHS) program. VETHS offers residential, recovery, and rehabilitative services to homeless veterans as identified by the Veterans Administration under the aegis of My Brothers’s Keeper of Genesee County, INC., faith-based nonprofit orginization in Flint, Michigan. VETHS consists of the following: room and board, laundry services, as well as theraputic and rehabilitative services as the mainstays of this program. Furthermore, each veteran is assigned a case manager and will recieve an individualized development plan to help them move beyond homelessness.
In addition to that, MBK has been providing services to meet the immediate needs of Veterans for more than three years.
These include (Saginaw and Ann Arbor):
- In-house Case Management
- Job Readiness/Job Leads
- Life Skills
- Fitness Room
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)
- Seeking Safety
- Goal Planning
- Veterans Benefits Assistance
- MI Bridges Benefit Navigation
- Continuous outreach with Veteran Representatives
- Provide Resource Referral Assistance as follows:
- Medical Care
- Mental Health and long term substance abuse treatment
- Donations and gently used furniture, appliances, utensils and household items are accepted. These items are distributed to Veterans and others who we are able to assist with housing as they transition from the shelter to independent and productive living. Please call us if pick-up services are required.
Community Lunch Program
My Brother’s Keeper serves lunch Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 11 am until 12:30 pm.
Services Provided include:
- Clothing Table
- Hurley Medical Physicians
- Wellness Topics
- Blood Pressure Screening
- Aids/HIV Screening
- Hamilton Community Health
- Insurance Topics
- Health Topics
- Physical Fitness topics
- Verification Letters
Career Edge is a series of workshops designed to help adults prepare for the job market. The workshops are designed to give participants the skills needed to get and keep a job. The following are workshops provided at Career Edge:
- Laying the Foundation
- Job Search Preparation
- Interview Preparation
- Keeping a Job
Classes start on November 5th, 2018 – November 8th, 2018
Click here to view the Career Edge calendar.